Monday, December 28, 2009

Name

I was writing in my journal the other day, and letting the depths of my soul be documented on paper and realized why I was having such a struggle naming the baby. I never post such personal things, but this is what I wrote:

I'm trying to think of a name for my baby, but honestly nothing seems good enough. How do you name something so much bigger than yourself? What name do you place upon the small wonder that Heaven sent that has changed you forever, that has brought you closer to the Lord, and has made you love your husband more everyday? I guess whatever it ends up being, I'm just thankful that she is mine forever.

7 comments:

The Bucks said...

What a beautiful way to put it! You should look up names by their meaning instead of by the name. Maybe then you can find what you are looking for. That's why I love the name "Corban" because in the Old Testament it means "gift from heaven".

stevie kay said...

I know for me, and a lot of people I talk to, even once you've picked out the perfect name, it still takes a few months to really feel like it fits the baby. It was worse with Eliza because we decided when she was born, and with Landon we'd called him that for a few months before hand. But it still took a while for it to really be their name.

I'm sure whatever you name her will be beautiful. Just not Drizzle!

mel said...

Just wait until you get to hold your little one! It just gets better and better.

Dimick's said...

You're so stinkin' awesome. She is going to be one lucky little lady, with such fantastic parents. Make sure to put this in her scrapbook.
Thanks for sharing.

Deanna said...

We struggle with the same thing. :) Tanner came home from the hospital and was "Jr." for at least a week! I'm glad we agreed on something more dignified! :)

LOVED this post. Best wishes naming your little angel!

Elena said...

We named Halle, Clara for the first few days of her life....then switched because it just wasn't right. Poor little thing her first days of life on video we're calling her "baby Clara". It is an overwhelming feeling to get it right. Good luck and I know you will find the perfect name.

Randi Oswald said...

I do have to admit that find the perfect name is the hardest thing i have had to do this whole time during being pregnant!! I just hope that the name we choose is the right name for her! No matter what im sure you will choose a beautiful name!!