Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Guilt-Free Banana Bread


I felt I had to redeem myself from the whole "I eat chocolate cupcakes" post! Ha! I love banana bread, and I want to eat it without feeling guilty, AND I really do try and eat pretty healthy, I just have an addiction to baking, so I'll stop this run-on sentence and let you in on my guilt-free banana bread!

P.S. My friend Katie Berry was talking about doing a recipe-swap blog, so here's my entry.  If anyone has any recipes they love please post them! I'm always looking for a new great recipe, or if you have found ways to make yummy things more healthy!!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 cup honey

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups + 2 tablsp. unbleached flour (more protien, less chemically processed)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup greek yogurt

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

2 medium bananas


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, or I do 2 pans that are a bit smaller, so my loaves aren't as big...Portion control!!!

2. In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and honey. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Then add the mushy banana's and mix.  I like lumps, so just mix until it looks good to you :) Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the mixture. Finally, fold in the greek yogurt and walnuts. I like to save some walnuts to sprinkle on top too.  Spread evenly into the prepared pan(s).

3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If you are doing 2 loaves, cook for about 23-30 mins.  Cool loaf or loaves in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Every time I come to see if you've updated, I think that says GLUTEN-Free and want to make it for Ryan. LOL! Maybe I still will.

uh...the job didn't work out. You may or may not have heard. I may never understand why.